Thursday, September 4, 2008

Will she? Wont she?

Sri laxmi, a newly appointed lecturer in the area of Marketing was at GIM that day and after her joining, Dr Joseph called me in to his cabin and gave me the not so very admirable task of taking her to the class room and introduce the incumbent to the second year students in my capacity as the chairperson-Marketing area .(Such paraphernelia kept visiting the faculty of GIM in rotation , and we received it in no great exultation and when it left us we left it with no great sadness either)...
Valmiki gupta and his noisy softskills classes were in full swing... it was unusual at GIM to hear so much noise and for a change it sounded like a place where some 500 young men and women lived, literally....
I dont think she has that kind of confidence... I told myself after seeing the shy and timid lady sitting in the common area of the faculty room... I walked to her and extended my long hands to welcome her to the fraternity at GIM.
She looked horrified, and a scare was visible in her big eyes.. Beautiful she was and why not... GIM never recruited women who arent good in looks, brain is another thing which as per a logic put down by the HQ -could be done away with if they looked good... She too seemed to be of the same genre and definitely not the one who was destined to teach Marketing at a B school....

You are the nth one I am seeing my dear.. I said to myself as she said a namaskar with her hands folded, and a shaken me taking back my hands and taken aback byher primitive manners.

I sat in Dr Joseph's chamber waiting for the bell to go on air, after which I could take the new damsel to start her life with the knowledge hungry crowd of the second year of MBA at GIM.

I dont think she is that confident...... told Dr Joseph in a hushed tone to my worried eyes more than to my ears...
I was aghast by that remark... for a second I even thought that the ED knew mind reading and this old man has just grabbed what I was thinking .

It is clear to anyone who sees her but then it is VC's appointment and as usual even I had no say in the whole thing.... I was only told this morning ... he added as if he did it again... mind reading....

....ooh.... I sat with an open mouth, as if it was through there that the news was going in...

And you know what......Dr Joseph was more than happy to feed me with more information...... Another four more are joining to 'boost the intellectual capital' as per VC but in fact to compensate the numbers which we have lost in the last two months.......

Ohh..numbers is a problem is it...? I thought with everyone in the HQ from Dr Joy in the list of faculty send to AICTE, we were on the comfortable side.... I whispered in disbeleif which took Dr Jospeph by a storm.. I wasnt prepared for the reaction and got annoyed when he responded to that ....
...hahahahahaha....Dr Joseph laughed, in thunderous mirth, with air gaps in between giving you a feel that it will end,it sure will but to begin again and raise to a top volume hilarity...in a way his laughter was entirely his own and even the best student mimic of GIM could never copy it with full perfection....
Sirrrrr.... came and called Jansi william,the faculty office secretary...
Yes please......said Dr Joseph, visibly unhappy for the abrupt end that he had to put to the chat with me but much to my happiness that I was releived from the torture of being cornered by this commander of the kings loyal army...
The bell will not work..there seems to be some problem ....so if...... said Jansi in her usual curtailed style of speech......
Next thing which I did after returning from class was to run to the canteen.. have a face wash and over a cup of tea, ponder....
Will she?
Wont she?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is this article pointed to any specific business school??