Monday, August 18, 2008

The S class just arrived !!!

It was a bright sunny day…
In the reception of God's Institute of Management, the premier Business Management school in the state, some commotion which was unusual to the place was visible ..It was new to me, the crowd that made the portico lively in an otherwise dull place…Walking out of the Library, into the long corridors of the "truly world class" B school as GIM claimed to be, my mind simply refused to give up...
Dr Joy has bought a new car.. It is just coming-- someone from among the crowd announced while the crowd released an awe....I remember I flashed a smile as I couldn’t see any news value in that piece of broadcast, and turned back in an attempt to walk to the faculty....
It is a Merc S class sir... u know the price... 98 lakhs- some one said seeing me turning my back to the spectacle ....
I saw Prof Ram among the crowd with curiosity written all over his bearded face and was annoyed as he turned back and invited me to join the throng waiting to witness the elegant chairman of GIM charitable trust arriving with his pomp and pageantry in display....
No it is only some 80 -85 lakhs- clarified some one...and this is Dr Joys 37 th car ..amazing no..?
Prof Ram had a smirk on his face as he scratched me…
I wondered at the kid like curiosity the otherwise ferocious Professor of GIM was showing and at the ease with which he was crowding with the students and the rest of the staff who looked like village kids mobbing a passing by car..
I dragged him and my boiling self to the faculty room, ( why did I do that ? It is a question better left unanswered as of now) where in one last meeting Dr Joy had refused the idea of a National Marketing Summit to be hosted by GIM, simply because GIM was not cash rich to hold "such extravaganza"....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.

What am i? said...

:) Well i can sure visualise this scene!